Full-time position (2 positions available)
Location: Hempstead, NY
- • Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols;
- • Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating and draping patient;
- • Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests;
- • Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area, positioning instruments for dentist’s access;
- • Suctioning, passing instruments;
- • Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient’s mouth, and pouring, trimming and polishing study casts;
- • Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances;
- • Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions;
- • Documents dental care services and records treatment information by charting in patient records;
- • Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential;
- • Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations;
- • Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols;
- • Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results;
- • Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- • Exercises knowledge of dental instruments and terminology.
- • At least 6 months of experience as Dental Orthodontic Assistant/Dental Tech/Dental Hygienist/all related.
- • Minimum Vocational/Post-secondary Certificate/Diploma in Dental Technicians or related.
To be determined at the job interview.
Please send your detailed resume and cover letter to email@example.com